During your first visit, your medical history will be reviewed; you will be evaluated and informed of your treatment options. At this time, any concerns or questions you may have regarding treatment and surgery will be addressed, and unless you have a medical emergency, a second appointment to provide treatment will be arranged.
During your initial visit you will meet your patient representative who will guide you though your visit as well as inform you of any fees and discuss financial options or insurance questions. No referral is necessary to meet with our doctors, and you will find our team is here to serve you!
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Surgical referral information and any x-rays, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- Names of your primary care physician and dentist.
- If you have medical/dental insurance, please bring your card or applicable forms to enable us to accurately file your claims..
On the day of your consultation appointment:
On the day of your consultation appointment: A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is required for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please alert the office if you have any medical conditions that may be a concern prior to surgery (diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves, rheumatic fever, etc.), or if you are on any medications (aspirin, heart medications, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
On the day your surgery appointment:
If your surgery involves IV sedation:
- Do not eat or drink anything for six (6) hours prior to surgery.
- Come to surgery with a responsible party who can wait in the reception area during surgery and is able to drive you home.
- Arrange to have someone stay with you for the remainder of the day.
- You will need to pick up your prescriptions on the way home or as soon as possible.
- Plan your diet in advance to ensure you have appropriate foods on hand (see post operative instructions section of this Web site for suggestions according to your procedure.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them with you to your appointment. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.